Friday 6 January 2012

A caoches story: Codi Damons

My name is Codi Damons and I am 19 years old and I live in Heideveld Cape Town. I started playing soccer at the age of 11 years for a team called Santas football club in Heideveld. Things didn’t go well at that club so I decided to play for GCU.


I can still remember meeting Mario for the first time and asked him if I could play for GCU. From day one I felt love and part of a family, I think starting to play for GCU changed my life! I started coaching at the age of 16-17 years old, the reason why I started coaching is to make change in the community, for the love of the children and the love of the game. As a coach you get connected to all of the kids, you enjoy yourself when you see the kids smile and have fun. 


I matriculated last year 2010. It was a bit difficult for me to coach and study at the same time, but for the love of the kids I pulled through and passed with a diploma. My personal goal is to be a professional soccer coach and I’ll work the skin of my feet and hands to get there!


I think if it wasn’t for GCU I would not have achieved what I wanted to achieve. Through hard work and the power of almighty god I will be a professional coach……… FORWARD EVER BACKWARDS NEVER.
Love Codi

No comments:

Post a Comment