Friday 10 August 2012

Volunteer Story: Nora from Germany



Hi. My name is Nora and I study tourism management back home in Germany. I spent half a year in Cape Town to work as an intern at the Tour Operator Terra Nova. During this time I got the chance to attend and help at several CSR projects, especially at Woodlands Primary for GCU. Unfortunately I only got to go there a couple times, but it still was an awesome experience.
Reading and playing games with the girls at the tutoring class, which always takes place in the afternoon, was so much fun. The girls are so well-behaved and Jennifer does a great job in teaching them. Together with all the coaches from GCU they really do everything to make things better for the community and the school; if it’s painting classrooms, tutoring, soccer practice, etc. Thank you for having me and giving me the opportunity to become a little part of such a great project.
The GCU team would like to thank nora for her assistance over the past few weeks. It has been a pleasure and lots of fun having her and we wish her well in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment