Wednesday 26 September 2012

'Rope Skipping changed my life': Naeelah Davids

Naeelah Davids showing some impressive moves

Hi my name is Naeelah Davids I am 12 years old and come from a small community in Cape Town called Heideveld. I do Rope Skipping for a team called GCU and some of my friends, the reason why I've joined is because I did not know what would become of me without doing something with my life that I still have.

Rope skipping girls doing a group routine

GCU had done so much for me and the rest of the skipping girls. We didn't have to worry about clothing or shoes because they gave us these things. A few months ago us skipping girls had a huge competition, and that competition would tell us whether we could go further or not. We then brought silver and gold medals home with us, and when we arrived we heard we were going to Nationals in Johannesburg. We then needed some more money and our parents decided to have a cake sale at a football even on Monday, we sold enough cake to make some money. GCU have given us girls a big opportunity to do things that we told our self we couldn't so we thank all GCU people for making all this happen THANK YOU!!!!! 


GCU girls, Wardah and parents at the cake sale fundraiser






by Naeelah Davids
GCU girls

No comments:

Post a Comment