Sunday 3 March 2013

A volunteer story


Hi my name is Carole Reqoena, 28 from France. I found GCU thanks to a backpacker they gave me Mario's contact for being a volunteer.  It wasn't easy to find a volunteering project and GCU was really the kind of project i was looking for. I was looking forward being with kids, playing with them, helping in educational projects and training them with sports and games.

I think GCU is a great organisation where i feel very involved and integrated. The work team is very kind and helped me to feel welcome. There are lots of projects. Tutoring lessons, soccer, rope skipping and basketball which you can be involved with. In GCU i help the coaches in sport lessons and during the basketball training. My favorite moment was playing with the kids and discussions with them. 

By Carole Roqoena, France


 

No comments:

Post a Comment